We’re looking for a new cook or chef to join our team.
The Eastern Voyager is looking for a cook or chef to travel with us on board for the 2020 season and prepare meals for passengers.
As a chef or cook you should already hold a safe food handling certificate which would be required for the position. Sea/passenger charter experience would be an advantage. Below is what we are looking for:
Eastern Voyager values devoted hospitality professionals who are reliable, dedicated and professional. Reporting to the Owners, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day catering operation ensuring the provision of safe, high quality catering services, which meet the needs of passengers and crew. You will ensure all passengers are satisfied and happy with the variety and quality of meals and services provided. All activities in your charge will reflect the philosophy of respect and dignity of passengers and crew, and are conducted in accordance with Eastern Voyager’s policies and procedures. You will bring with you and be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of HACCP principles in accordance with current food standards and meet the current Food Safety Supervisor obligations.
Ideally, You Will Have Experience In The Following Areas
- Previous experience in catering or a similar role an advantage
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor desirable
- Thorough knowledge of catering principles and their application
- Able to motivate, develop, and direct people
- Demonstrated ability to work within OH & S and continuous improvement environment
- Have rich passion for cooking and an interest in keeping abreast of latest trends and innovations
- High emphasis on the quality and pride in your work
- The Chef/cook on board deals directly with our clients and so good customer relations would be essential
- You will have great work ethic and be a team player
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Current trade qualification / certificate of safe food handling required
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current Police Check clearance
- Willingness to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment and drug & alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English; must be able to read and comprehend recipes
- Must be able to use simple arithmetic and keep simple records
- Ability to handle high stressed situations
- Ability to produce products with last minute notice and be successful
- Ability to follow instruction and acceptance of guidance
- Shipboard safety and recreational boat license an advantage
- The Cook or Chef is responsible for maintaining principles of proper food production and other related activities
- Ensuring daily quality meal service to clients
- Daily monitoring of food safety and general OH&S
- Total stock management including ordering, stock rotation & liaising with suppliers to ensure quality control
- Meeting with passengers and other support staff to ensure all required outcomes are met
- Managing maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of foods, such as meats, soups, sauces, gravies, starch, entrees, desserts, vegetables, and special orders (dietary problems & food allergies)
- Responsible for seeing that food is prepared according to menu
- Confers with supervisors as to the use of leftovers, and menu changes
- Maintains high standards of food handling and cleanliness in the work area, and is responsible for high standards of personal cleanliness
- Will work together with other employees to provide optimal food, nutritional, and environmental services to clients
3 on 1 off roster offered, can be adjusted accordingly.
Required between April and early December 2020, as the vessel does not operate 12 months of the year.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Nine months work … From $43,000 to $47,000 (pro-rata of $57,333 to $62,666 per year)
Individuals with an ABN are welcome.
23 February 2020, 11:59pm
A resume with cover letter should be sent to: email@example.com.
For enquiries, contact Ellen on 0419 653 740.
If you or someone you know would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Ellen on 0419 653 740.