Thanks for your interest in working on MV Eastern Voyager.
Casual Chef/Cook Position – 2022 Offshore Charters
We have an opportunity for a cook/chef to join our small team and fill-in on a casual basis until the end of our season this year.
Experience in the tourism industry | restaurant experience is highly desired but not essential
Casual wage paid in accordance with the Marine Tourism Industry and Company EA Agreement.
General outline of the daily duties include:
- Ability to plan, prepare and provide a variety of quality meals to include breakfast, pre-dinner platters, mains, and desserts
- Management and ordering of stock rotation
- Monitoring of food safety and general OH&S
- Good knowledge of varied diets and food allergies to assist in meal planning
- High standard of personal hygiene
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the galley, servery & saloon during charters [especially at the end of rotation]
- Assist in all other general daily cleaning
- Respectful and positive interaction with clients and co workers
Minimum requirements for chef/cook:
- Safe Food Handling Practice | Current First Aid Certificate
- Highly desirable: Element of Shipboard Safety I Recreational Boat Licence
- Relevant experience
- Commitment and a strong work ethic
- Positive attitude and a team player
To prove suitability for the position valid references from at least 2 previous employers is essential.
How to Apply
Fill in the range of questions below to help us learn more about you.
Follow us on our Facebook page where we will announce any future positions we have available.