Thanks for your interest in working on MV Eastern Voyager.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Cook for Live Aboard Fishing Charter
Eastern Voyager values crew members who are reliable, honest, clean, and tidy with sober habits, profession and dedicated, be part of a team and confident in their role and have good public relations. You will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day catering operation ensuring the provision of safe, high-quality meals & services, orders, and stock. All activities in your charge will reflect the philosophy of respect and dignity of passengers and crew and are conducted in accordance with Eastern Voyager’s policies and procedures. You will bring with you and be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of [HACCP Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points] principles in accordance with current food standards and meet the current Food Safety handling practices obligations.
Ideally, You Will Have Experience In The Following Areas:
- Previous experience in preparation and serving or a similar role an advantage.
- Ordering all stock to cover quantities required for each charter.
- Providing various Dietary meals
- Food Safety Handling.
- Thorough knowledge of catering principles and their application
- Demonstrated ability to work within OH & S
- High emphasis on the quality and pride in your work
- The cook on board deals directly with our clients and so good customer relations would be essential.
- You will have great work ethic and be a team player.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Current qualified Food Safety handling and or Supervisor certification.
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Police Check clearance
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English; Must be able to use simple arithmetic and keep simple records [daily temps, cleaning, receivables]
- Ability to handle high stress situations.
- Ability to produce products with last minute notice and be successful.
- Ability to follow instruction and acceptance of guidance
- ESS – Shipboard safety and recreational boat licence an advantage.
The Cook is responsible for maintaining principles of proper food production and other related activities.
- Ensuring daily quality meal service to clients and liaison with the skipper regarding all meals and time frames.
- Daily monitoring of food safety and general OH&S
- Total stock management including ordering, receiving, stowing and stock rotation.
- Completing daily food safety and cleaning schedule required.
- Meeting with passengers and other support staff to ensure all required outcomes are met.
- Managing maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of foods, such as meats, soups, sauces, gravies, starch, entrees, desserts, vegetables, and special orders (dietary problems & food allergies)
- Responsible for seeing that food and presentation is prepared according to menu.
- Confers with supervisors as to the use of leftovers, and menu changes.
- Maintains high standards of food handling and cleanliness in the work area and is responsible for high standards of personal cleanliness.
- Will work together with other employees to provide optimal food, nutritional, and environmental services to clients.
- The cook as part of a liveaboard vessel and crew member is required to keep all food areas cleaned and maintained as well as being involved in all general house duties required.
Rosters are based on current bookings at the beginning of the season.
2024: 3 on 1 off roster offered [based on 7- day trips], in every week unless a longer duration for each charter, departing again the same afternoon]
Required between late February and early December for the 2024 charter duration.
So, if you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, please send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your skills, experience, and why you’re interested in working with us as a cook.
Follow us on our Facebook page where we will announce any future positions we have available.